Mid-Shore Pro Bono provides legal assistance to individuals in Talbot, Caroline, Kent, Dorchester and Queen Anne's counties. If you have a legal problem that involves any of the following. Mid-Shore Pro Bono can help you find legal assistance.
- Consumer Debt/Debt Buyer
- Small Claims
- Child Custody and/or Visitation
- Legal Separation
- Elderly Family Member(s)
- Advanced Medical Directives
- Wills or Probate
- Landlord-Tenant Dispute
- Power of Attorney
- Tort Defense
Mid-Shore Pro Bono Inc., does not handle criminal cases, traffic cases or appeals. If you would like to settle your case OUTSIDE of court, please ask about our COLLABORATIVE PRACTICE Project.
For Domestic Violence and Child Support and other legal resources, please see our Client Resources.
Steps to Apply:
- Please call during intake hours only: Monday through Friday 11 am - 4:30 pm. 410-690-8128
- You will be screened for eligibility based on your income and type of legal problem. We do not provide legal advice over the phone.
- We will mail you an application. Once we receive your completed application, $25.00 non-refundable application fee (cash or money order ONLY) and proof of income we will review your case for eligibility and if determined eligible, we will start looking for a volunteer lawyer.
- Because we rely on the generosity of volunteers to accept a case when they are available, we cannot guarantee we will find a lawyer for every client.
- If you have a trial or hearing scheduled, call us as soon as possible to increase the chance of us finding you a volunteer. Do not wait until just before your trial or hearing. We cannot handle emergency situations.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
Our office is open Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. For information call 410.690.8128.
Download our Application Documents and mail them to us.