How to Apply for Help:
- Complete intake form. Please call 410-690-8128 (Easton) 410-829-0394 (Salisbury) 443-298-9425 (Chestertown) or Click here to get help
- We will ask you questions such as your type of legal problem and your current income. These questions will help us determine your eligibility. Please note that we are not able to provide legal advice over the phone.
- We will mail or email an application to you to complete.
- Once we receive your completed application, with a $25.00 non-refundable application fee (cash or money order ONLY) and proof of income, we will review your case. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we will start looking for a volunteer lawyer.
- We’ll be in contact with you.
- If you have a trial or hearing scheduled, call us as soon as possible to increase the chance of us finding a volunteer. We are unable to handle emergency situations so please call well in advance of your trial or hearing.
Because we rely on the generosity of volunteers to accept a case when they are available, we cannot guarantee we will find a lawyer for every client.